IBioIDWebService.IsEnrolled Method Documentation
Finds out whether a user is already enrolled for a specific trait.
[OperationContract] [FaultContract(typeof(BioIDWebServiceFault)] bool IsEnrolled( BiometricClassID classId, Trait trait );
- The BiometricClassID of the person for which to find out whether he or she is enrolled already or not.
- The biometric Trait for which to look for a template belonging to the specified person.
true if a template for the specified class and trait is available,
i.e. a verification of the user is possible. Returns
false when a template for the specified
class and trait was not found, i.e. a verification of the user is not possible. In this case the user needs
to enroll the specified trait before performing any biometric action on this trait.
Sometimes it is useful to know whether there is a template available for a specific user and trait before a client tries to perform a verification of this user using this trait. If no template is available, i.e. the user is not yet enrolled, the client could use another authentication mechanism and send the user to the enrollment procedure.
This API has a fault contract of type BioIDWebServiceFault which is used for fatal errors like invalid arguments or missing service, etc.
- The given classId is null.
- Access to the requested service operation has been denied. Please ensure that you use a valid client authentication certificate and that this certificate has been announced to BioID GmbH as your client certificate.
- For some reason BioID is not running or not configured correctly on this BWS deployment.