Access the BioID Web Service with RESTful Web API
For a simplified access to the BioID Web Service (BWS) we provide a HTTP based RESTful Web API (sometimes also called the BWS Extension). This web API is accessible via standard HTTP methods by a variety of HTTP clients including browsers and mobile devices.
In addition to the web APIs a unified user interface is provided, where the developers can redirect their users to perform various biometric tasks. This user interface is carried out as an application of the BWS Web API and even provides source code with documentation and a jQuery module that developers can use in their own user interface implementation.
Before you begin:
You need to have access to an existing BWS installation. If you don't have this access, you can register for a trial instance.
To use the BWS Web API you need to have at least one BWS client application registered. You register client applications in the the BWS Management Portal.
BWS Web API base URI
The base URI of the BWS Web API is the combination of the URL of the BWS installation for which
your BWS client is registered followed by the extension resource name. To this base URI you
simply have to add the name of the web API you want to access.
For example, if your client is running on the BWS multitenant installation,
the BWS Web API base URI is:
Please note that the unified user interface is not part of the Web API and has specific URLs, e.g.
The BWS Web API is composed of the following APIs:
- GET extension/token
- Request a BWS token to be used for authorization with any of the other web APIs.
- POST extension/upload
- Upload a sample, perform a quality check and associate it with the token that has been provided for authorization.
- GET extension/verify
- Perform a live-detection and a user-verification using the samples and user-ID associated with the token that has been provided for authorization.
- GET extension/identify
- Perform a live-detection and an identification using the samples associated with the token that has been provided for authorization.
- GET extension/enroll
- Perform a live-detection and a biometric enrollment using the samples and user-ID associated with the token that has been provided for authorization.
- GET extension/result
- Fetches the result of the last biometric operation performed with the token provided.
- GET extension/isenrolled
- Finds out whether a user is already enrolled for a specific trait.
- GET extension/status
- Request some status information from a BWS installation.
Delete Class API
- DELETE extension/deleteclass
- Delete all biometric data associated with a Biometric Class ID.
- POST extension/qualitycheck
- Perform some quality checks on a single facial media sample.
Unified user interface
- Unified user interface
- Although not an API, the unified user interface is an implementation based on the web API where developers of biometric enabled applications can redirect their users to perform various biometric tasks.