BWS IsEnrolled Web API Documentation
Find out whether a user is already enrolled for a specific trait.
Sometimes it is useful to know whether there is a template available for a specific user and trait before a client tries to perform a verification of this user using this trait. If no template is available, i.e. the user is not yet enrolled, the client could use another authentication mechanism and send the user to the enrollment procedure.
- Required. The Biometric Class ID (BCID) of the person for which to find out whether he or she is enrolled already or not.
- Required. The biometric trait (e.g. face, or any other of the supported traits) for which to look for a template belonging to the specified person.
This API call requires Basic Authentication, i.e. you have to provide an HTTP authorization header using the authorization method Basic and the base64 encoded string App-ID:App-Secret (therefore the transport is secured using TLS/SSL). To receive the necessary BWS Web API access data (App-ID and App-Secret) you have to register your application on the BWS Management Portal first. This requires a valid BWS subscription.
IsEnrolled Web API does not return any response body, it simply returns a HTTP status code
indicating whether the user is enrolled (200 OK) or not (404 Not Found).
Response HTTP Status Codes
- 200 OK
- A template for the specified BCID and trait is available, a verification of the user is possible.
- 404 Not Found
- A template for the specified BCID and trait was not found, i.e. a verification of the user is not possible. The user needs to enroll the specified trait before performing any biometric action on this trait.
- 400 Bad Request
- An invalid BCID or trait has been specified.
- 401 Unauthorized
- No or an invalid authentication header has been specified, Basic Authentication is required.
- 403 Forbidden
- Access has been denied (typically due to a wrong or invalid BCID).
- 500 Internal Server Error
- A server side exception occurred.
var httpClient = new HttpClient(); // requires Basic Authentication httpClient.DefaultRequestHeaders.Authorization = new AuthenticationHeaderValue("Basic", Convert.ToBase64String(Encoding.GetEncoding("iso-8859-1").GetBytes("sample.app.bioid.com:Sample-App-Secret"))); // call the BWS IsEnrolled Web API at bws.bioid.com var response = await httpClient.GetAsync( "https://bws.bioid.com/extension/isenrolled?bcid=bioid.9876.12345&trait=face"); // the user is enrolled if response status is OK bool isEnrolled = response.StatusCode == System.Net.HttpStatusCode.OK;